Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tattered Old Bear

Hello Random People. As you can see, yesterday's design was "Tattered Old Bear." You may be thinking to yourself, "But, Rob, that's really...not all that random." I would agree with yourself, it really isn't, and here's the reason why. You can't really argue semantics with the person who gave birth to you. It is really that simple. If she says that she randomly came up with the words Tattered Old Bear (even though she has a thing for Teddy Bears...and by a thing, I mean a house full of them) then you just have to nod your head an believe it. Well, you don't have to, but you probably should.

If you hadn't figured it out, my mother submitted this phrase to me and, with a lack of votes on last night's poll, I decided to go ahead and draw it, even though it kind of breaks tradition with the work that I've done for Three Random Words thus far. That being said, I'm happy with how it turned out. With THAT being said, I am going to implement some regulations for submitting random phrases for consideration; look for these soon. I love that people are interested in seeing their phrases come to life as Three Random Words designs, but I think I want to keep them a bit more quirky.

So, as usual (until enough people donate using the button on the RIGHT side of the blog that says Donate $1, or until I save the money) I sketched this in pencil, inked it, erased the pencil lines, blew the eraser shavings off the paper, scanned it into Photoshop, had some pudding, then colored and shaded it. I think the part I'm happiest with is the seriously deflated leg and the stuffing, I really like how the stuffing turned out. Let me know what you like best, or least, about this design in the comments section!

-Rob Signed Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis