Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Contagiously Sinking Elephant

The sign read "Caution: Delicious Peanut Butter." Mario wasn't scared though. Who would be afraid of peanut butter? What elephant in his right mind wouldn't just walk up to the edge and eat his or her fill of that smooth, savory peanut-buttery lake? Bruno was more of a cautious elephant, he remembered the tales, handed down through generations of giant land-walkers, about the tar pits; the peanut butter lake bubbled and shlorped in the manner he had always come to associate with the tar pits in his grandfather's stories. Bruno read the sign, heeded it, and stayed an elephant-length away from the gurgling mess. Mario, much to Bruno's dismay, jumped right in and started eating, his ears flapping happily in a single moment of utter satisfaction. It was apparent, almost immediately, that Mario was in trouble though. He managed to climb half out of the viscous peanut muck before it started to drag him down. Momentarily frozen by Mario's misfortune, Bruno turned to leave too late and was dragged backward as Mario grabbed his tail. Stupid little tail, Bruno thought, and stupid long nose.


Good morning Random People! Today's design, Contagiously Sinking Elephant, is Wifelette-inspired. She loves elephants and she is pretty good at coming up with these random phrases. Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. I was pleased with how easy it was to draw a cartoony elephant, and I think I even picked the right color for the peanut butter lake. I'm also very happy with the sign...I know that seems weird since it's so simple, but that's probably the best handwriting I've done in a long time.

The Facebook page for Three Random Words is almost at 200 likes! I'm so excited about this. I get a handful of likes every night. I know part of it is coming from the free advertising that Facebook gave me, but the people who like the page aren't unliking it, so they must...er...like...no...enjoy what they're seeing. Check out today's video on the YouTube channel to hear about an exploding truck tire and to see one of my colleagues get out of her car. Exciting stuff, right?

-Rob Signed Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis