Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Partially Incapacitated Moth

Life is too short to spend half the day hiding from the evil day star. It feels like just yesterday I had more legs than I knew what to do with and here I am today, windswept and awestruck, fairly certain that I am the only moth to ever have flown so high or so fast. It was...I don't even have words for it. Everyone said, "Larry, listen, you need to hide when everything gets so bright and you need to eat and further the Mothian Empire when it gets dark." All I wanted to do was fly. I got my chance this morning when the world turned bright. I was cooling my feet on this giant bird–they aren't all that bad, despite what all the other moths say–when it suddenly clamped itself on one of my wings, roared this piercing denial of being earthbound, and screeched into the sky. Yes, my wing may be unusable for the rest of my short time, but I don't care. I lived and that's all that matters.


Good morning Random People! A big thanks to Andrew Moody for supplying today's random three-word phrase. He also provided some background for the phrase he submitted. Here's a direct quote from what he sent me:

At work the hangar doors are often open well past sundown attracting all sorts of night faring insects. After the doors are closed and the lights are shut off, they no doubt continue their routine oblivious the the fact they are in man made structure. Come mornings first light they try and find a nice dark corner to spend the day. The problem is the dark corners are often toolbox drawer handles or some spot in the cockpit of an aircraft. They rest, only to be disturbed by a mechanic going for a tool or fixing a component. They venture out into the world, which is now bright and hostile and completely alien from their beloved darkness. The light leaves them incapacitated in a way. I can only imagine it as a complete sensory overload. Still able to fly but hardly able to see. Partially Incapacitated Moth. You sort of feel for them.


I'm really pleased with the way this turned out. I love the look on Larry's (that's the moth) face and the "zoom" element turned out pretty well I think. Leave me a comment, let me know what you think about today's design.

-Rob Signed Off

59M5H3JY3HGK

1 comment:

ShareThis