Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Acutely Aware Sunglasses


Good morning Random People! Before I get into today's new design, I would like to thank everyone who has "Liked" the Facebook Page. Why do I want to do this? Because last night, around 10pm, the page received its 100th Like! I know, I know, 100 likes is a drop in the bucket, but it feel like an important drop in the bucket to me, so, thank you to everyone who has clicked the "like" button, and a future thank you to those who click it in the future.

Now, about today's design, Acutely Aware Sunglasses. The words were actually "Solemnly Acute Sunglasses," provided by the Wifelette as she fell asleep last night. They were genuinely random and I thought they had great potential. The original idea was to draw this solemn looking pair of tiny sunglasses walking down the street next to some large buildings, but, the buildings just weren't turning out right. I think it might have something to do with my problem drawing things to the correct perspective.

So, instead, I stuck with the sunglasses, dropped "solemnly," added "aware," swapped places with "acute" and added "ly," and BOOM: Today's Design.  I really like the stalkery (that's a word, don't judge me) aspect of the sun in the background. Also, and you probably can't tell this, but the sunglasses were modeled off of a images.google.com search for "Hipster Glasses." Why? Who knows? Maybe I'm flirting with a new audience...or any audience!

Leave a comment and stalk...er...follow the blog!

-Rob Signed Off

1 comment:

ShareThis