Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Comfortably Ejected Pelican

Whoa! Three designs in one week!? That's right, I sat down last night and decided that this needed to happen, and it did. So now, you have all day to enjoy this design (not as much as that pelican, but hey).

So, when the words "Comfortably Ejected Pelican" came up in the generator I almost literally did a spit take. Alright, so it was "Afterward" instead of "Comfortably." They're my designs, I can change the wording if I want.    The original thought was just to have a pelican strapped into an ejector seat, but I drew the chair a bit large and a bit too squishy, so I decided to roll with and change the word to "Comfortably" and have that pelican enjoy some time on his favorite flame-bottomed recliner.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to draw a pelican, but I took a look at some illustrations on Google Images and got the basic concept down...I think the only distinguishing feature you really need to get right on a pelican is the beak. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

This will be going to The Oatmeal's new linking site BearFood. You can also check it out and join in the conversation on the Facebook page or go over to YouTube and check out today's video log about the piece (and anything that comes to my mind, really).  Links are below the signature, which is coming now:

-Rob Signed Off

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/threerandomwordsdesigns
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/3randomwordsdesigns

Go to BearFood.com and "Love" the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis