Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Vigorously Programmed End

Procrastination, it's a killer.

The Wifelette went to bed around 9 last night, so I didn't get started on this until about 9:10pm. Maizy (who we call Poo Face sometimes, okay, well I call her that all the time) kept walking over my USB extension cable and turning off my pen tablet, which ate up time as I had to fight to get the thing working again. All of that, and you get exactly what you see above. It's not so bad, right? Okay, it is, but hey, I got it done.

So, at first, I started drawing the keyboard with my Wacom Graphire 3 and I thought to myself, "wow...this is really bad."  I'd like to completely blame the fact that I was using a really small pen tablet to draw on a 42 inch screen, but I'm pretty sure that most of it comes from my shaky drawing ability.  I just decided to keep doing it and then I started coloring it and I thought, "well, okay, it looks kinda cartoony, I'll go with it." Then I bled the color outside of the actual image of the keyboard and thought that it looked nice.

Once I finished with the monitor and started doing the shading, I felt a little better about the design (because it was around 10 o'clock and I wanted to be done). I tried to draw a blurry hand typing on the keyboard really fast, but it wasn't turning out well, so the post it notes are my attempt to capture the "vigorously" part of the phrase.  I did have some other ideas for this, but I went with the one that I first started drawing.

I showed it to the Wifelette this morning and she didn't burst into peels of laughter. She actually said that the cartoony look really worked with the colors. That's enough to make me proud.

Anyway, leave a comment with ideas for what you might have drawn for this phrase...or anything really, I'm not picky with my social engagement.

-Rob Signed Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis