Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NCT - The Design

After a week of being sick and, quite frankly, not wanting to do anything other than eat really bad food and lay on the couch, I finally managed to finish the Nervously Changing Turtle design. This design changed quite a bit. Originally I was going to do something along the lines of a turtle without its shell, which was covering itself and blushing as a girl turtle (indicated by a bow) had a good laugh. But to me, that seemed more like an embarrassed, changing turtle, so I scrapped it (Photoshop helped by crashing and making something like 2 hours of work just go away).

The design you seen now was drawn in pencil first. This is different from the last three designs because they were done completely on my Wacom Graphire 3 using Photoshop. This time I thought it might be better to actually draw the design, then ink it, then scan it in, and then color it in Photoshop, which is what I did. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out except for one thing. The tail.

Originally I had been shooting for a fish tail, but once I scanned the image, I realized I had done something more like a dolphin tail (and by "more like" I mean "exactly like") and it was late and I didn't want to go back and redo it. But the more I look at it, the better I think it would like with a rainbow trout tail. The Wifelette thinks so, too. I might go back and change it, just to see how it looks, but for now, you get dolphin tail.

Voting for the next design is still open at the Facebook Page, so if you haven't voted (and let's face it, only five people have voted, and I was one of them), then head over to the page and vote for the design you want to see next.

-Rob Signed Off

2 comments:

  1. TSHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE MUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, in due time. I think I'm going to modify the design first, then you can see it before you decide to buy.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis