Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Experimentally Troubled Void


Last night's design, due to popular vote (of 4 people), was Experimentally Troubled Void.  I know it doesn't look like much, and I know there is a bunch of text to get to the heart of the three random words, but the more I look at it, the more I like it...especially that little bow tie.

I went into this design with some small amount of trepidation; out of the three designs available to vote on, this was the one that I had no ideas for. When I finally came up with an idea, it was really dumb. It involved a voided check being put through a number of scientific tests...but the design would have still relied on some text to get the punchline across I think...or maybe I really just wanted to do something like a single frame comic. Who knows?

Once again I drew this in pencil, then inked the outlines in pen, scanned the image into Photoshop and began coloring it. I was almost done when Photoshop locked up about five minutes. I had the inclination to start sobbing dejectedly onto my keyboard, but when I looked back up, Photoshop had decided to continue working and I decided to save it right away. Seems I haven't learned my lesson.

If you haven't seen it already, I started up a (hopefully) daily vlog on YouTube to talk a little bit more about the designs (really, I think its because I like showing off my ugly face, bad haircut, and less-than-grizzly beard). You can check that channel out at  http://www.youtube.com/3randomwordsdesigns. There will be a video about today's design going up...today.

-Rob Signed Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis